Picture of What does growth and development look like here?

What does growth and development look like here?

Picture of Violet
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Violet G.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, July 30, 2021

Picture of Violet G.

Violet G.

Product Engineer

Micron is a place that encourages growth and development. There is a common saying that you learn something new every day, that is true in my personal experience with working here. The day to day work and challenges are always changing so there is always something new to learn or skills to develop to overcome the challenges. I've also noticed more of a shift for everyone to work on having a growth mindset every day at work and to step out of your comfort zone to try new solutions or ideas. There are so many opportunities to grow your career at Micron. I've had the opportunity to be a part of several mentorships during my time here. Some have been formal programs through different employee resource groups and others have been more informal that I have sought out in topics that I am interested in learning more about. There are several job shadowing or rotation programs you can do to see more of the day-to-day of other teams. There are also internal job openings that you can always apply for if you want to move around and develop your skills in other teams, like starting in a product team and moving to design.

Friday, July 30, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?