Picture of How long does it take to get a response when I put in an application?

How long does it take to get a response when I put in an application?

Picture of Melanie
Picture of Jonathan
10 responses

Additional information

I have applied for several positions (including internship) and for some of the positions I do get rejections (even without a notification. I only get to see it on the career website). However, for some positions (which I applied months ago), I don't seem to get any feedback. Is there anything peculiar I need to do or is there a specific criteria/ waiting period before Micron reaches out? Thank you.

Jonathan A. asked during the live chat LiveChat with Micron team members from North America and EMEA to Micron

Category: Application process

Date asked: Thursday, January 13, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 13, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Manager, North America Talent Acquisition

Hey Jonathan - great question! Every position will be a different response time because most positions have a different hiring manager or team working through the process. As you can imagine, some are faster to work through the process than others :) You will likely start to hear back on the remaining applications in the next 4 weeks as we are pushing our intern hiring managers to move forward.

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Picture of Jonathan A.

Jonathan A.

Oh ok. That great to know. Also, is there a way to get to know which intern positions have recently been open and for what period the internships are offered (spring, summer or fall)? I am not able to see it on the career website

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

We typically post most of our internships in the fall (August/September), so we shouldn't have any new roles posted from this point until next fall. In addition, most of our internships are for the summer period so would be for 12 weeks. Any specific timelines would be noted in the job posting if they are looking for an intern outside of the standard 3 month summer program.

Picture of Jonathan A.

Jonathan A.

Ok. Thank you Melanie. I tried reaching out to you on LinkedIn, but I know you have been busy. I wanted to know if I could share my resume with you with the hope of assisting me as to which roles will be a good fit based on my resume. Thank you.

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

I'll message you on LinkedIn and share my email address!

Picture of Jonathan A.

Jonathan A.

Ok. Thank you

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

When will you be graduating? December 2022?

Picture of Jonathan A.

Jonathan A.

Hopefully, yes

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

OK, thank you!

Picture of Jonathan A.

Jonathan A.

Anytime

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?