Picture of I have a PhD in Materials Engineering focused on Computational Mechanics. Is there place for someone like me at Micron?

I have a PhD in Materials Engineering focused on Computational Mechanics. Is there place for someone like me at Micron?

Picture of Mattie
1 response

Additional information

Anuja Jaganathan

Anuja J. asked a question to Engineering & Science

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Friday, January 21, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, January 28, 2022

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hi Anuja! Yes, there is absolutely a place for you at Micron!! I work with many individuals who have PhDs in Materials Engineering as well as Chemical Engineering. They are doing a lot of the development work here in Boise. When searching for jobs, I would recommend looking for positions which are "Process Development Engineering" roles. This will be most geared towards individuals with PhDs or advanced knowledge. There are many areas at Micron which would have roles with this title so I'd recommend applying for each one as there will be different hiring managers for each are. I work with the Process Development Engineers on a regular basis and from what I know about their job, they do a lot of development of new processes, Design of Experiments, testing of new chemistries, new films, and new etches. They work closely with other areas to determine the best process for new part types and products at Micron. They are an awesome group to work with and have great individuals on the team. Please let me know if you have any other questions! Mattie

Friday, January 28, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?