Picture of I am pursuing my PhD in photolithography (1st year). I want to join as a process design engineer . Any suggestions?

I am pursuing my PhD in photolithography (1st year). I want to join as a process design engineer . Any suggestions?

Picture of Manae
Picture of Mattie
2 responses

Additional information

I am a first year student . I am interested in process design engineer. Unfortinately my project is complete and I need to shift to simulation and optimisation using python . I am keen on making my career on clean room fabrication. Is the any way I can join Micronbas a process designer. I have 8 months experience in clean room and 2 papers are in review.

Anonymous asked a question to Engineering & Science

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Monday, October 25, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Picture of Manae K.

Manae K.

CMP Process Engineer

8 months experience in clean room and 2 papers in review sounds wonderful for me to apply at micron (careers.micron.com). If you have not had any internship experience at micron, I would recommend you to work as an intern, to have real experience what it is like to work at micron as well as building connections.

Monday, October 25, 2021

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hello! I agree with Manae, this sounds like you have great experience. I also highly recommending looking for an internship with Micron. This will get you more experience and connections within the company. You can look for internships in both Manufacturing Development Engineering or Product Development Engineering. In regards to the interview for an internship or full time job, I'd recommend you come prepared to answer questions about how photolithography relates to semiconductors and general questions about what Micron does, what our products are, etc. You can also expect to have questions about your projects/research you did during your PhD. It might even be helpful for you to do some high level research on the other areas of the semiconductor fabrication process in order to better understand the impacts to production both before and after photolithography. Best of luck in your PhD pursuit! Mattie

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?