Picture of I'm planning to graduate in August this year. Can you give me some suggestions, please?

I'm planning to graduate in August this year. Can you give me some suggestions, please?

Picture of Utpal
Picture of Mattie
9 responses

Additional information

I am looking for a role in semiconductor, process engineering kinda filed.

Utpal S. asked during the live chat LiveChat with Micron team members from North America and EMEA to Micron

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Thursday, January 13, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 13, 2022

Picture of Utpal S.

Utpal S.

However, I didn't find a lot of openings related to these apparently! Can I send my resume to anyone of you to get some suggestions?

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hi Utpal, do you mind if I ask what your degree will be and what locations you have looked at?

Picture of Utpal S.

Utpal S.

Hello Mattie. I will be graduating with a PhD in electrical engineering at the University of Utah. I was looking at most locations in US and Boise main site seemed to be mostly related to the stuff I am looking for.

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Manager, North America Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing Utpal! With your PhD, are you confirmed to graduate in August? Boise will have great options for you - either based in our R&D team or in our Global Quality team.

Picture of Utpal S.

Utpal S.

Thanks, Melanie. Yes, I am planning to be done by August.

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Utpal, with a PhD, I would also recommend searching for positions with the title "Process Development Engineer" as opposed to "Manufacturing Development Engineer" - This (PDE) will be our primary R&D teams

Picture of Utpal S.

Utpal S.

Ok. Thanks. Mattie! I will do so

Picture of Milind F.

Milind F.

DEG Design Engineering Manager - ESD

Hi Utpal, does your research specifically focuses on a particular part of the process? You can add those words in the keyword search to better guide you and select the role that is suited for you.

Picture of Utpal S.

Utpal S.

Yes, I have worked on most processes involved in the cleanroom. I will try specific keywords next time

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?