Picture of What kind of soft skills will help me succeed?

What kind of soft skills will help me succeed?

Picture of Caleb
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Caleb E.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Picture of Caleb E.

Caleb E.

Organizational Management

My initial response would lean into Micron's core values of People, Innovation, Tenacity, Collaboration, and Customer Focus, but I would love to give a little more context. As a people leader, when I think of the "People" value at work it comes down to someone who cares about others and is willing to help their team members. "Innovation" can also be creativity or challenging current processes and coming up with new ways of doing tasks. "Tenacity" is never giving up or finding alternate paths to reach an end goal. Lastly, "Customer Focus" is understanding what your end goal is, who it benefits and what their needs are, and working towards the best solution possible. Teamwork is incredibly important at Micron. Being able to collaborate and work alongside people of various backgrounds and leveraging your own to benefit the team and the company as a whole. And the last thing I would add is that teamwork can also include acknowledging when you do not know an answer or the proper path forward and working with your teammates to either learn what you didn't know or work towards the most robust path forward possible.

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?