Picture of What kind of soft skills have you developed since you joined the firm?

What kind of soft skills have you developed since you joined the firm?

Picture of Violet
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Violet G.

Category: General

Date asked: Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, May 21, 2021

Picture of Violet G.

Violet G.

Product Engineer

I've really been able to develop better communication skills while working at Micron. Before I started working here I would say I wasn't the best at giving presentations or communicating with a lot of different people. Since working here I've had the opportunity to lead meetings and share data through email reports or as a presentation. Within my first few months of starting I took a Micron offered course on data presentation, and that really helped me taking my presentation skills up one or two notches. I spend my days looking at different data sets and forget how important it can be to present them in a simple way that someone without my technical knowledge would be able to understand the main point of it. I've been able to lead meetings that required sending out notes to a wider audience of what was covered in that meeting. That has helped me grow both my written and verbal communication skills. These meetings have also given me the opportunity to work on my leadership and delegation skills, because I'd often be having to capture and assign action items as they came up, and make sure we kept to the agenda and time limit for the meeting.

Friday, May 21, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?