Picture of How did this company support your career growth?

How did this company support your career growth?

Picture of Mattie
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Mattie C.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

I knew that I always wanted to end up in people management, however, my first position at Micron was a typical entry level role. In that role as a process engineer, I was provided many opportunities to practice leadership. I helped train others on my team, I ran meetings, and I covered for my boss when they were not around. This was all extremely valuable learning and has helped me in my success in my prior role as a Lead Engineer, managing a team of 10 people. Micron is always looking to support the career paths that individuals want to take. We have many leadership focused courses and groups which you can join. And if leadership is not your desired path, we have many technical programs to increase your skills in data analysis, reporting, general engineering, etc. Not to mention, Micron's incredible education program which helps pay for our employees to further their education. I am currently utilizing this program to pursue a Masters in Engineering Management. Lastly, Micron has many mentorship and job shadow programs which set you up with others around the company so you can see what opportunities you have and possibly even find a path you didn't know you were interested in. Overall, Micron has been incredible in helping me pursue my passions! I am extremely grateful for the support I receive on a daily basis from my peers and management.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?