Picture of How did Micron support your career growth?

How did Micron support your career growth?

Picture of Mattie
Picture of Marco
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Mattie C.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

I knew that I always wanted to end up in people management, however, my first position at Micron was a typical entry level role. In that role as a process engineer, I was provided many opportunities to practice leadership. I helped train others on my team, I ran meetings, and I covered for my boss when they were not around. This was all extremely valuable learning and has helped me in my success in my current role as a Lead Engineer, managing a team of 10 people. Micron is always looking to support the career paths that individuals want to take. We have many leadership focused courses and groups which you can join. And if leadership is not your desired path, we have many technical programs to increase your skills in data analysis, reporting, general engineering, etc. Not to mention, Micron's incredible education program which pays for our employees to further their education. I am currently utilizing this program to pursue a Masters in Engineering Management. Lastly, Micron has many mentorship and job shadow programs which set you up with others around the company so you can see what opportunities you have and possibly even find a path you didn't know you were interested in. Overall, Micron has been incredible in helping me pursue my passions! I am extremely grateful for the support I receive on a daily basis from my peers and management.

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Picture of Marco P.

Marco P.

Marketing

At Micron, my career growth has been a dynamic journey. I initially joined as a recruiter and through Micron's support and encouragement, I transitioned to the role of APAC Talent Brand Program Manager. This shift allowed me to broaden my horizons and explore new areas of expertise. Micron's commitment to fostering talent and encouraging professional development has been evident throughout this transition. The company's emphasis on continuous learning has provided me with the resources and opportunities to acquire the skills necessary for my evolving role. As long as you are willing to challenge yourself and keep learning, the sky's the limit at Micron. Additionally, Micron's emphasis on continuous learning has supported my professional development through training programs, mentorship, and access to resources. The collaborative environment at Micron has also enabled me to build valuable connections within the industry, further enhancing my growth. Overall, Micron's support has been instrumental in propelling my career forward, providing me with the tools, opportunities, and encouragement needed to succeed.

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?