Picture of In what ways will my career progression be supported?

In what ways will my career progression be supported?

Picture of Mattie
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Mattie C.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, July 26, 2021

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Micron does an incredible job with helping progress our employee's careers. There are many different avenues that you can take to get there as well. A few that I have explored is our Employee Education Assistance Program, our mentoring programs, and our company provided learning. The employee education assistance program is funding to help employees go back to school to further their education and progress their careers. I am currently pursuing my Masters in Engineering Management and have had great support from Micron. Micron does a great job in supporting me in my quest to further my education and become a better leader in doing so. We also have an great mentor program which brings individuals together from all different areas at Micron. This mentor program is offered two times a year and is extremely valuable for increasing your skills, gaining knowledge from others who have worked in the industry for an extended time, or simply learning about other areas of the company. This program has helped me gain confidence in my job and has pushed me to think outside the box. It has also given me an idea for where my career might be able to go at Micron that I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't gotten involved. And lastly, I have also taken advantage of our company provided learning. Micron provides a wide range of learning opportunities in house. Whether these are coding, programming, leadership, etc. there is something for everyone. I recently received a certification in UiPath which is a robotic processing automation program. This will be utilized to increase efficiency here at Micron. I feel very lucky to work for a company which supports my growth and allows me to follow a path that I find personally engaging. The above examples only scratch the surface of the support and growth I have experienced here at Micron.

Monday, July 26, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?