Picture of I have been interviewed by Micron. 1st HR round went really well with positive feedback. How should I follow up ?

I have been interviewed by Micron. 1st HR round went really well with positive feedback. How should I follow up ?

Picture of Melanie
Picture of Deepak
17 responses

Munish K. asked during the live chat LiveChat with Micron team members from North America and EMEA to Micron

Category: Open positions

Date asked: jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Last reviewed: jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Manager, North America Talent Acquisition

Hi Munish - that is great, happy to hear it went well! I would recommend emailing the recruiter that helped arrange the interview and ask them when you can expect to hear more on next steps.

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Deepak D.

Deepak D.

Hello, First of all, I appreciate Micron's initiative in organizing this useful & informative session. I have work experience in Mask Data Preparation & Full Custom Memory Layouts - Would like to know in which my experience can be useful to apply especially for Mask Data Prep Engineer role? Also, I would like to know can Micron sponsor H1B visa for candidates working in Europe? Thanks a lot in advance!

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Munish K.

Munish K.

TX Melanie, I would take up your suggestion

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Hi Deepak - I would definitely recommend apply for the roles related to Mask Technology. We have our own Mask Technology Center in Boise, Idaho! In regards to an H1B, we will sponsor should an offer be extended.

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Deepak D.

Deepak D.

Okay, Thanks, Melanie. I had received an interview email from a recruiter for the Layout Engineer role and after that, I got a 2nd email (even before the interview) reply that H1B sponsorship is not available for that position. Actually, I have applied almost 15-20 times for many roles in which my experience and qualification perfectly matched. But due to the reason, I don't have H1B my profile doesn't get shortlisted. I understand H1B sponsorship is not easy, but I would appreciate it if Micron consider my profile for H1B sponsorship as I strongly feel my experience in Mask Data Perp or Tapeout or Memory Layouts will perfectly fit.

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Thank you for sharing Deepak - please remain consistent! Sometimes it just takes finding the right role + the right timing for everything to come together.

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Manal Y.

Manal Y.

Hi Melanie! My background is in chemical engineering, I'm based out of Boulder, Colorado and am looking for engineering positions, I have had some difficulty finding entry level positions online and am not sure I am using the correct search terms. Do you have any recommendations there?

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Munish K.

Munish K.

Hello Melanie, Can you give some idea on different levels in Micron, in terms of designation & associated responsibility. In particular what's the manager level and how it's placed in ranks ? What's the average experience (in years) of people at manager level ?

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Deepak D.

Deepak D.

Thanks for the feedback & information, Melanie. I am applied to Micron for the last 6-8 years and due to H1B sponsorship, I am not able to pass to the next stage. Micron is a very big company which do believe in embracing the power of diversity (geographically). And since Micron might be sponsoring H1B every year. I am positive and optimistic that it will be not so difficult for Micron to sponsor H1B for candidates like me who are from Europe + have 18 years of experience in Mask Data Prep or Tapeout or Memory Layouts. I don't know any team or hiring manager who has a role for which h1B sponsorship is available. Is it possible you can you share my profile with the hiring managers who work in Mask Data Preparation or Tapeout team or Memory Layout?

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hi Manal, I have a background in Chemical Engineering (Bachelor's) as well and started as a Shift Process Engineer here. What level of degree do you have in ChemE? This will help me guide you on some recommended search options.

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Manal - are you looking to stay in Boulder? Or open to relocating? Our Boulder site does not have any process teams, however we have openings in Boise, ID for entry level positions. What level of degree

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Deepak - may be worth looking at potential roles at our Asia site to start and then if you were to be hired at Micron and want to transfer to Micron North America that can be considered.

jeudi, janvier 13, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?