Picture of Does Micron sponsorship work visa?

Does Micron sponsorship work visa?

Picture of John
13 responses

Diana T. asked during the live chat Women: Be the Change - It's Time to Drive it! to Micron

Category: Visas

Date asked: Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of John T.

John T.

Yes, we do sponsor work visas for many positions at Micron.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Adedotun B.

Hi, I was wondering if you are currently recruiting for this summer/fall internships?

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Diana T.

Diana T.

Hi John, thank you. How would be the process? it would be an O1 visa or does Micron would help with the application for lottery visa?

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Manager, North America Talent Acquisition

@Adedotun - we are not currently recruiting for any summer internships, but will start recruiting for fall internships and next year (2023) internships in August!

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

@Diana - our immigration team would work with you to best determine the appropriate work visa.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Adedotun B.

I had my Bachelors in Materials Science, currently doing my PhD in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. I also have certifications such as Google Project Management: Professional Certificate, Product Development & Systems Engineering, Design of Experiment |DoE, and also Six Sigma Green Belt. I was wondering if Micron Tech would be willing to interview me for a fall internship. Summer internships is late now I assume.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Hi Adedotun - correct, we no longer have any open internships for this summer. We will start recruiting for the next round of interns in August. What year are you in your PhD?

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Diana T.

Diana T.

I have a PhD in Physics working with Thin Films and a Post doc working with semiconductor processing (plasma etching, UV lithography,...) I was applying at Micron at different roles that the AI system recommended base on my resume. Do you have any advice to which roles should I apply?

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hi Diana - here is a link to some jobs that I would recommend for you to look at: https://micron.eightfold.ai/careers?query=development%20engineer&pid=8447817&domain=micron.com Specifically, I'd recommend you look for "Process Development Engineer" or "Technology Development Engineer" positions as these will apply best to your educational background.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Diana T.

Diana T.

Thank you, @ Mattie. I applied to DRAM Thin Films Process Development Engineer and others. Would my gap of 1 year after my postdoc affect my opportunities to be hired?

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Melanie L.

Melanie L.

Hi Diana - can you send of the job number of the position you have applied to? No concerns with a one year gap after post-doc.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Picture of Diana T.

Diana T.

That is great! It is ID: JR4311. I have also applied to these job numbers ID: 243182 and ID: JR19379. Than you, @Melanie.

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?