Picture of Have you found it easy to maintain a work-life balance?

Have you found it easy to maintain a work-life balance?

Picture of Mattie
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Mattie C.

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hello! I would say that at Micron, it is really quite easy to maintain a work life balance. Micron makes it a high priority for us to take time for ourselves and all of my bosses have stressed the importance of not checking into work when we are on vacation. They want us to enjoy our time off away from work as we should. Micron also gives us incredible time off benefits and holiday time. I have never once felt like I couldn't take a day off when I needed or wanted to and I have also never felt the need to check into work while on vacation. I will note that work-life balance is definitely something that you personally will always have to watch and maintain. While Micron stresses time off, working only 8 hour days, etc. there are plenty of days in which I could stay longer to finish my work and instead I have to remind myself that it will be here tomorrow when it is non-time sensitive items. You have to make work-life balance a priority for yourself no matter what company you work for. One way I have done this for myself is by setting specific start and end times for the work day, especially while I'm working from home. Micron's hours are very flexible for most positions, which is incredible, which can make it hard to know when to stop if you don't set boundaries for yourself.

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?