Picture of Have you found it easy to maintain a work-life balance?

Have you found it easy to maintain a work-life balance?

1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Micron

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 16, 2022

Nimi Z.

Senior Pricing Analyst

I've found it reasonably easy to maintain work-life balance through a combination of proactive time management, supportive leaders, and an organized team. Time management is a skill that took years to develop and has improved my work-life balance the most. I joined Micron after graduate school and knew that, regardless of where I worked, I wanted to establish boundaries early. The front line of work-life balance is self-advocacy. That means knowing my goals, habits, and needs and using time management to enforce boundaries that support them. I set aside time for deep work, meetings, and other job-related tasks that are tied to my goals, and have clear non-working hours to prioritize rest and recharging. Overall, I maintain my schedule so that I can do my best at work and beyond. Additionally, Micron values work-life balance and I'm grateful to be on a highly organized team that supports it. My leader puts her words into action by holding our team accountable for creating and executing organized workflows and regularly sharing information across the team, which makes it possible to be backups for each other. It takes discipline and effort from all of us but the payoff is peace of mind when we step away from work. I want to give credit to other leaders in my organization, too, because they champion "doing more with less" through well-designed workflows. This combination of thoughtful time management, a disciplined team, and leaders with a shared long-term vision all contribute to natural work-life balance.

Thursday, June 16, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?