Picture of Describe the most challenging aspect of your role?

Describe the most challenging aspect of your role?

Picture of Mattie
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Mattie C.

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hello! I would say that a couple of the hardest things about my job is remaining organized and having good communication. We have a lot going on all the time, so being organized and being able to prioritize work is essential. I find that using task tracking applications has really helped with this. As for the communication aspect, this can be challenging because we are often communicating out to numerous groups at once so drafting an email, discussing updates in meetings, etc. can be difficult to make sure that you are discussing at a level that all parties can understand on. I find that making sure I know who knows the least about the topic and gearing the conversation towards their knowledge has helped. I wouldn't consider the technical aspect of my job as challenging as the above soft skills. We do a really good job keeping resources around so that our employees have what they need to do the job. I also work with many very talented and knowledgeable engineers, so if I don't know the answer to something, there is very often someone who does. Mattie

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?