Picture of What's the biggest challenge that you face in your role and how do you overcome it?

What's the biggest challenge that you face in your role and how do you overcome it?

Picture of Caleb
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Caleb E.

Category: Role challenge

Date asked: Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Picture of Caleb E.

Caleb E.

Organizational Management

The biggest challenge I face in my role is having a pretty full calendar of meetings day-to-day. I will admit that this is of my own making, though, as I am constantly trying to take on new challenges and participate in many initiatives that are outside the responsibilities of my job role itself. One thing that I have been encouraged to do from my management is to compensate my time worked if I have meetings outside of my normal work schedule, and I have also followed my leadership's recommendations to block out focus time on my calendar every day so that I have dedicated time to focus on my job responsibilities. I also set recurring 1:1 conversations with my direct reports and refuse meetings that would overlap with them so that I have time to meet with my team, which is the most important aspect of my job today.

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?