Picture of What is the advice you could provide for freshers to attend interview ? what challenges candidates will face in interew

What is the advice you could provide for freshers to attend interview ? what challenges candidates will face in interew

Picture of Mattie
1 response

Lingaraj R. asked a question to Engineering & Science

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 19, 2021

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

One major piece of advice that I would give to anyone for any job interview is to research the company! Know what the company makes, what application the products are used in, etc. And bring any questions you might have about the company. As an interviewer, it makes a large impact when I can tell that the interviewee is invested in our company and has taken the time to do the research. I also recommend reading over the job listing and qualifications again prior to the interview so that you can answer qualifications based questions easily and so you have key words fresh in your brain. Prep is important! I'd also recommend being yourself and being confident. Having confidence in your answers shows the interview panel good communication skills. I also recommend you think out loud when answering technical questions. A majority of the time, interviewers aren't looking for the right answer, they are wanting to see your thought process and how you get to your final answer. Be able to highlight your strengths and be able to answer to any of your weaknesses. I recommend trying to find a positive spin on your weaknesses. Ensure that your resume is up to date and includes any information that is relevant to the job. Interviewers will rely on your resume for a lot of questions so it is important to have this accurate and concise. I hope this helps! Best of luck on any of your upcoming interviews. Mattie

Thursday, August 19, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?