Picture of Tell me some stories of things Micron does to make LGBT employees feel at ease at work?

Tell me some stories of things Micron does to make LGBT employees feel at ease at work?

Picture of Violet
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Violet G.

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Friday, March 26, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, July 16, 2021

Picture of Violet G.

Violet G.

Product Engineer

I've noticed in my roughly two years of working at Micron that the leadership has done a lot of work to help make not just LGBT employees but everyone feel at ease at work and comfortable to come in and be yourself. Just this year Micron has implemented an inclusion and ally training for employees to take to work on being better allies and more inclusive with each other. When I took this course I learned a lot about how I can personally work on being a better ally and more inclusive like watching for microaggressions and how to speak up when I see someone else do something that is hurtful to someone else, even if they don't realize it. Micron has multiple employee resource groups and one of them is a pride+ group that is for LGBT employees and allies. They often host social events or town hall events to help people get to know each other and what each of us can do to make sure everyone feels safe bringing their authentic selves to work each day. These events often have people share their own personal stories of either how people have been allies or something they've had to face and overcome in the past so we can all learn to improve together. I am proud to be working for a company that is putting in the effort to educate their work force to be better allies to each other so everyone feels comfortable and at ease at work everyday.

Friday, July 16, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?