Picture of How is this company different from your expectations?

How is this company different from your expectations?

Picture of Violet
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Violet G.

Category: General

Date asked: Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Last reviewed: Friday, July 16, 2021

Picture of Violet G.

Violet G.

Product Engineer

My first experience with Micron was when I joined the team as an intern. Before interning with Micron, I didn't have a ton of experience of the what the industry would be like since I had only worked at one other place as an intern the summer before. I was expecting it to be a stiff work culture where you show up at 8AM and work until the job is done even if that means you are working long hours and not really interacting with people outside of asking questions related to your job. Micron has a much more positive work culture. From my experience, your hours can be flexible if you need them to be, like if you need to come in late or leave early for an appointment it isn't a big deal as long as you still get your work done. There is also more focus on the people working here than I would have thought. I knew one of the values of the company is people, but I didn't expect to really see a work culture where you are encouraged to put yourself first. I also came in expecting that I'd just be sitting in a cubicle all day by myself staring at a computer screen. That isn't the case though. I do sit or stand and look at a computer for a good portion of my typical work day, but the work environment here is encouraging to get up and take a walk or talk with someone for 5 to 10 minutes if you get stuck on something and you come back a little refreshed and more focused to work through it. It is common to see people taking walks together in the halls or walking to a wellness room for a short break throughout the day.

Friday, July 16, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?