Picture of How was your onboarding experience?

How was your onboarding experience?

Picture of Violet
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Violet G.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Picture of Violet G.

Violet G.

Product Engineer

Thinking back to my onboarding experience, there were times of information overload. Micron has improved the onboarding process since when I first started. My first week was a lot of trainings and material to go through and it all felt a bit like a fire hose of information, but there were plenty of team members who would help me digest everything and call out material that was most relevant for getting started on the job. Micron now has some roles for existing team members assigned to each new hire to make onboarding a little easier. There is a mentor who is someone who helps with the technical aspects of the job, they should be able to answer your technical questions and help with technical trainings. There is also a buddy role, and this person helps you with your day to day, they help with showing you around the site like where the break rooms and conference rooms are and with your work setup. A lot of teams have also started to space out the trainings you have to take to be in your first 90 days rather than everything in your first few weeks. These roles weren't implemented when I started, but there were still plenty of people on my team willing to help out when I asked.

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?