Picture of Please tell me about the training when you first joined?

Please tell me about the training when you first joined?

Picture of Mattie
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Mattie C.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Picture of Mattie C.

Mattie C.

Facilities Water Services Manager

Hello! Micron has some really great training opportunities that I had the chance to participate in. When you join the team, you are paired up with an experienced individual who is in your same or similar role. They will help answer questions, show you your day to day work, and guide you for about your first year with the company. We also have a program called Bootcamp which all individuals working with the manufacturing teams will participate in. This program is 2 weeks and is usually something you participate in within your first couple of weeks at Micron. In this program, you will walk through all of the basic functions of the many programs we use at Micron on a daily basis. It is extremely helpful because a lot of our programs are homegrown so they are not something you will have had experience with. Micron also has some computer based training that all new hires go through and many other options for advancing our career/knowledge. Micron is very understanding that the "ramp rate" to get up to speed in a technology company can take a while!! We typically say it takes about a year to really get comfortable in your role and be able to do all your job functions independently. This means a lot when you're getting started and takes a lot of pressure off the new-hires, at least it sure did for me! Hope this helps answer your question, please let me know if you have any other questions! Mattie

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?